Home Forums Foundation C23 Introductions

• Ivy Walker

Administrator
    March 30, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Hi Cohort 23! Please feel free to introduce yourselves in this forum. You can also use this space to discuss sharing travel and lodging arrangements for the June Intensive. We will be discussing this also in the upcoming Orientation videos. Click on the “Subscribe” button, if you would like to receive an email of the replies in this forum. Cheers~ Ivy

• Allison Frary

April 15, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Hi! My name is Allison, but most people call me Alli! I am so excited to begin this new journey! Looking forward to meeting everyone and beginning this new chapter!

• Sara Brells

April 22, 2021 at 9:21 am

Hello everyone! My name is Sara. I live in the beautiful PNW and am eager to kick off this journey with all of you in June. I’ve had my eye on this program for a number of years, and after engaging with a couple of shorter EBI courses as well as working with a coach currently in the NCC program, I cultivated the courage to make it happen. I currently am an elementary school teacher in Seattle but my partner and I are making some moves to proactively create a lifestyle more aligned with our values and beliefs. NCC will play an important role in that shift for me. I look forward to learning more about your journeys and visions and how we can all support each other!

I plan on flying into Denver on Friday the 25th. If anyone else is driving from Denver, or flying into Denver, please reach out! I would love to coordinate a rideshare from Denver to Boulder on Friday so we can join the crew leaving early the morning of the 26th. Thank you 🙂

Cheers!

• Lindsay

April 23, 2021 at 12:01 pm

Hi everyone! I just watched the recorded first orientation meeting, I’m sorry I missed it! I’m finally getting a grasp on what is all going on here, haha. …I’m excited to meet you all and begin this journey as well! And Sara, I too will be flying into Denver (from Minneapolis) the morning of the 25th, and would love to connect/coordinate with you and whoever else on how we get to the site. Looking forward to all that’s ahead!

Lindsay

• Sara Brells

May 12, 2021 at 9:11 am

@lindsayforsythe Hi Lindsay! I’ll send you a private message and let’s start to coordinate! If anyone else would like to join a rideshare type situation from Denver to Boulder on the 25th, please reach out 🙂 Thanks!

• Lindsay

May 12, 2021 at 5:01 pm

Great, thanks for connecting. Yes, if anyone else is in the same boat, feel free to reach out! 🙂

• Lindsay

May 12, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Also, you mean from Denver to Gunnison area, right…? 🙂

• Cecile Bonnet

May 19, 2021 at 10:00 am

Yes please 🙂 I’d be happy to connect/coordinate with you and Sara for a ride on the 25th.

• Lindsay

May 19, 2021 at 11:34 am

Hi I just read your message. Wonderful to hear some background and what drew you to EBI. So, yes! We should start to coordinate. My flight arrives June 25th, around 11am. That’s a starting point ha. Sara, do you know your arrival time? Hope you are all well! 🙂

• Sara Brells

May 19, 2021 at 8:19 pm

Yes! Gunnison! Thanks 🙂 I was originally thinking just as far as Boulder on the 25th with the caravan planned, but it sounds like now were meeting up in Gunnison so we might as well head there! I will e-mail you and @cecilebonnet this weekend, and anyone else who wants to join the flying-into-Denver crew!

• Cecile Bonnet

May 19, 2021 at 9:57 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Cecile Bonnet (Cici if it’s easier to pronounce 😉 )

I am French and have been living in Pennsylvania for about 10years. My husband and I recently rented our house in PA and are now living full time in our RV. Currently in Florida and about to go to Nashville, TN then Texas and Las Vegas (where my husband’s family lives).

My background is chemistry and I’ve been working in this field for the past 10years while knowing it wasn’t my passion and I was meant to do something different.

Last year I’ve done a lot of inner work and really focused on what is it that I really want in life. After a lot of reflection I realized that my North Star is Nature/Adventure. Self love. Connection. Communication.

After typing Nature and Coaching in google, I discovered the Earth-based Institute and I felt drawn into the NCC program 🙂 I followed my intuition and quickly registered!

I am excited to live this whole new experience and to meet all of you really soon. I’ll also be flying to Denver on the 25th (still need to buy my flight) and I’d gladly share a ride with you (Sara, Lindsay, please let me know your plans and I’ll try to book my flight accordingly).

Cecile

• Sara Brells

May 19, 2021 at 8:23 pm

Hi again everyone!

Also wanted to throw a wondering out there to the whole group ~ wondering if anyone who is more local and will be driving to Gunnison might have room in their car for those of us flying in? It would be great to be able to avoid paying for a rental car all the days that we are camping. 😉 Just thought I’d put the idea out into the ethers! Thank you for considering!

• Joy Nalywaiko

May 31, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Hi Everyone!

My name is Joy and I’m getting really excited for the June intensive. I’ve been mostly overseas for my adult life and Denver is my home base in the US. I felt a calling to participate in this program after a series of events led me to a sort of awakening experience in Vietnam during Covid. I recently finished hypnotherapy school in California and will be doing a Yoga Teacher Training during July/August as well. I have an awesome business plan in mind that will include everything and I can’t wait to get started! I look forward to meeting everyone :).

I MIGHT be back in Denver before driving to Gunnison. I’ve been in Cali since March and am slowly making my way back. I can drive anyone that needs a ride IF I come back in time (otherwise, I’ll be driving up from southern CO). I’ll let you know as soon as I know :). I have a Subaru Outback and can bring three people as long as we can cram our things in the back.

Joy

• Sara Brells

June 1, 2021 at 1:33 pm

Hi Joy! You’re vision is really inspiring – I look forward to learning more. 🙂

Thank you for the potential ride offer! There are three of us who have been communicating about renting a car together in Denver on the 25th, so please do just let us know once your plans are established! Thanks so much.

• Liv

June 4, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Hi there! My name is Amy, and I’m excited to join this cohort from Boulder. I am a life-long learner (Sag rising) and nature-lover, and after being introduced to EBI earlier this year, I impulsively signed up for the Nature-Connected Living course (just finished), this coaching program, and the Quest in August(!). Because EBI is *that* good ;-).

My day job is transportation planning with a focus on safety and active modes (biking, walking, and more!). One of my favorite parts has been doing group walks (pre-COVID). I also am devoted to yoga and practicing craniosacral.

I find the nature-connected work so inspiring, and am thrilled to be on this journey with you.

If anyone wants to carpool from Boulder I can probably fit two more people in my car–possibly three, if we get creative with arranging our gear ;-). Please feel free to reach out.

• Lindsay

June 4, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Hi Amy!

There are a few of us who are looking for rides from Boulder who arrive on the 25th (myself, Sara, and Cecile). Joy is a possible ride, but she’s not exactly sure if she will be able to, and so we are also looking at renting a car at the airport in case nothing is set in stone. When were you planning to ride to Gunnison? …Excited to meet you!!

Lindsay 🙂

• Joy Nalywaiko

June 11, 2021 at 1:58 pm

Hey Everyone! I can’t offer a ride. I will now already be in the Gunnison area this next week (camping for the next three weeks ;)) But it looks like it worked out with Amy. If anything changes, I will check in with everyone before the 25th.

• Cecile Bonnet

June 12, 2021 at 2:39 pm

Hi Amy, excited to learn more about you and what you do in craniosacral. Never heard about it before 🙂 Similar to you, I love to learn new things and connect with nature! Thanks for offering a ride, I’d definitely be interested, I am arriving late in Denver on June 24th (and returning on July 4th at 10am) and can definitely find my way to Boulder. As Lindsay mentioned, there are a few of us looking for car arrangements. I believe Hannah was also interested. I’ll let her join the conversation here! Maybe at some point it might be easier to exchange our phone numbers and do a text group. Mine is 702-497-2170. Excited to meet all of you really soon!

• Liv

June 13, 2021 at 11:32 am

Hi there, Cecile–thanks for your message and for sharing your phone number. I’ll switch to a text convo now. My number is (720) 841-4139. @lindsayforsythe and @sara-brells — feel free to send me a text, and we can converse through that channel re: deets. Hope everyone is doing well!

• Sara Brells

June 14, 2021 at 9:57 am

Thanks so much, Amy! So happy to see you joined the NCC course! I would love a ride as well, thank you. I’ll coordinate @lindsayforsythe and @cecilebonnet on arriving in Boulder on the 25th so that we can meet you early the morning of the 26th. Woo hoo! It is almost here! SO looking forward to this journey with all of you.

• Liv

June 9, 2021 at 10:26 am

Hi, Lindsay! I think it’s a good 4-hour drive from Boulder to Gunnison, and it looks like we’re aiming to meet at the market at 12:30p. I like having some spaciousness with travel, so I was thinking of a 7:45a/8a departure from Boulder. How does that sound to you all?

• Lindsay

June 9, 2021 at 10:48 am

Hi! That sounds good to me! 🙂 Thanks Amy!

Lindsay

• Lindsay

June 9, 2021 at 4:41 pm

…Also, I’m flying in to Denver. Should I find my way to Boulder or would you naturally drive through Denver and be able to do a pick up? 🙂

Lindsay

• Liv

June 9, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Thanks for asking, Lindsay! We would not be driving through Denver on the way to Gunnison, so if you all could get to Boulder that would be great. I can pick you up from wherever you stay (let me know if you’d like recommendations :-)).

• Lindsay

June 10, 2021 at 7:55 am

Sure, I would love a recommendation if/when you have the time! 🙂

• Liv

June 10, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Hi there! Looks like most hotels in town will be more than $200/night. One exception is the Millennium Harvest House, which I found for a mere (and slightly suspicious) $105 for the night of June 25. My parents did stay there several years ago, and it was nice. There are a fair number of Air Bnbs in town too. It would be ideal to stay on the south side of town (say, south of Arapahoe, if possible), because I live on the south end of town, and we’ll be heading south Sat morning 🙂 but just see what looks good to you.

If you take the bus in from the airport (route AB: https://www.rtd-denver.com/app/route/AB/schedule?direction=westbound) it enters Boulder at US 36 and Table Mesa, then travels west on Table Mesa, then north on Broadway to downtown. There are just a few hotels accessible right off the bus line. If you choose a lodging location not on the bus line and the timing is right, I might be able to pick you up from the bus stop and get you to your place–just let me know.

Hope that helps! 🙂

• Lindsay

June 14, 2021 at 9:23 am

Thank you so much Amy! I appreciate your thoughtful and detailed answer! I will look for a place on the south side of Boulder 🙂

• Hannah

June 20, 2021 at 10:25 am

Hi Amy,

I am still looking for a way to get from Denver/ Boulder to Gunnison,

I saw that you and Lindsay connected, and curious is you have any more room in your carpool?

If works better I can make my way to Boulder from Denver. Let me know 🙂

Looking forward to further connecting!

Hannah

• Liv

June 20, 2021 at 11:23 am

Hi, Hannah–thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately my car is full–so wish we could fit you too!

Hello, C23! Anyone else out there who might be able to help Hannah out?

(You may also want to ask Ivy directly, in case not everyone is actively using this forum.)

Good luck, and I look forward to meeting you!

–Amy

• Josh

June 21, 2021 at 11:49 am

Hello everyone! My name is Josh. And, I am thrilled to begin this journey with you all in just a few days. I recently moved to Salt Lake City from San Francisco where I had been living for the past five years. Nearly two years ago, I founded a strategic communications and research agency with a few former colleagues. The process of founding and growing the business and our team has challenged me to explore what I truly value and what I can offer to the world.

I’ll be driving from SLC — spending Friday night (25 June) in Montrose, CO and continuing on to Gunnison early Saturday AM.

Can’t wait to meet you all soon!

• Sheri

July 8, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Was great to spend the week with you all in Gunnison!

• Sheri Peterson

September 9, 2021 at 3:18 pm

testing

Reply to: Ivy Walker
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now