Home Forums Nature Connected Leadership Step 3: Participate in the Discussion About This Lesson Fall 2019 #6

• jacklyn.couturier

November 28, 2019 at 11:10 am

My next step to personal development,to gain focus for the next chapter in EBI and Direction. Planning, travel, food. Pet sitting. In the mean time working on my leadership skills like parts work on a daily basis, sit spot, meditation, and daily life. I have a vision but I believe the next journey with EBI will defiantly lead me in the right direction to accomplish those goals.

• Gina Lobito

December 2, 2019 at 12:56 pm

The next step for my personal leadership is taking the EBI Life Coaching Course. I know this will support me in creating a foundation for the work I am putting forward involving nature to support inner growth and transformation. I know, when one choses to take an active role in their life and consciously collaborates or changes from a “victim” mentality (changes from “why is this happening “to me”) to taking responsibility in their life and begins to change the response to “this is happening for me) begin to change the paradigm of their life.

My next step is to create workshops that are natured based to support people in changing the paradigm of the life. First I must change my own paradigm and be open to allowing the workshops and offering to evolve and with in congruence with the vision, my path, and those actively stepping into their path.

It’s time for me to “root” in ideas and concepts and allow them to grow and let go of what I think it should look like.

• Kelly Janae

December 3, 2019 at 1:54 pm

It appears that the next step in my path of personal leadership is being more actively involved in the healing of my family. Thanksgiving was a time of transparency to patterns that are repeating themselves throughout generations, and I know that I can be an active participant in putting an end to those tragedies. I am likely sub-leasing my house for at least six months to move back home and be closer to the family, and specifically to those in need of my solidarity and companionship. I am certainly in a place of balancing my own needs with the needs of others, which definitely ties into leadership.

My next step is taking the EBI coaching program starting in January, which I am excited and feel ready for. This next year I am focusing on getting organized and making sure that my decisions are based on faith instead of fear (“decisions made from faith have the full power of heaven behind them”). Quite frankly, I am talking as if I know what to do next, but really that’s as far as I’ve gotten. I seek wisdom, and it seems to find me well enough, so for now I will simply appreciate all that life has granted thus far in confidence that it will continue to provide with perfect timing and execution.

• Gina Lobito

December 3, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Kelly,
      What a beautiful sharing.

• Cate Burnett

December 3, 2019 at 9:17 pm

For me it isn’t really about next steps, rather a continuation of a soul directed life. I find myself wanting to engage more and more with deep self-reflection and to honor and recognize whatever comes my way as an opportunity to explore these areas of growth. Which to me looks like day to day life and people, communication, kindness and presence with all of it. We live in a world that is on hyper-drive and I find it’s so easy to glide along with this way of being, yet when I can just ‘be’ everything slows down and I am able to find the beautiful silence within. This is my priority for now, stepping into mindfulness/presence and feeling with my senses. This can be done hiking/walking, but also in my interactions with others. I use triggers to remind myself and I pre-set the stage for how I’d like it to be. A life’s journey of sorts, right? And, this is how I see myself as a leader in that I am setting an example for others to witness. Ultimately my stretching and growing brings more integrity, wisdom and grace to not only myself, but all those I meet. Life is a lovely dance and I am fully engaged! 😊

• Gina Lobito

December 3, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Cate,
      Thank you for sharing and reminding me of when allowing to lead a more sole directed life, and being committed to my own inner growth, that the inner leader, naturally impacts those around me and may inspire someone to lead their life differently.

• Todd Holcomb

December 6, 2019 at 12:40 pm

I really liked the end of this session when Michael had us face the four directions and feel out where we are on that compass, then look to our left and recognize where we have been, the journey we have been on. And then of course, to the right to see where we are going.

Like many here, I am not sure how I am going to get to the next stage of this journey, or how long that will take, but the exercise helped me name the idea that I am in the West. I have one from the South (riddled with all its busy work, successful or otherwise) and I am moving towards the North. I long to be there now, in a place of mastery or completeness. The North is what Robert Moore associates with the King archetype, one in control of his dominion, for better or worse. It’s a fitting opposite to the Warrior of the south. Both are influential and powerful, but while the Warrior is actively testing his strength against the world, building and creating his domain, the King is delegating his activity, resting/being in his domain. That’s the place from which I want to serve others, but to get there, I must complete my own journey through the West, my own descent to soul.

My next step involves starting a new job as a mentor coordinator for Free2Succeed, an Idaho Department of Corrections program. My job will be to connect volunteer mentors with parolees and returning citizens (former inmates returning home from prison). My hope is that this job will help me build the network I need to bring to life the re-entry rite of passage I envision. I hope to connect with community officials who can help me welcome returning citizens home and give them a new beginning as well as with fellow pilgrims on this journey who can be a support and companions.

I am grateful for the tools provided in this course, and to the connections I have been able to make here. Sharing this course with others who are on similar paths is encouraging. I don’t feel so alone, or like I’m wandering off the map somewhere! Thank you to you all. Thank you, Michael and Daniel for orchestrating all this. I’m sorry I missed our last session in person, but Thanksgiving with the family was pretty busy for us.

Until we cross paths again…..

• Sarah Sindoni-Faris

December 10, 2019 at 6:33 am

My next step is to really take in these lessons and apply to myself, my practice, and to my family. I was not sure what to expect when registering for this course but my eyes have opened a little bit more on HOW to begin living a soul directed life. The tools are something I will have forever to open a state of consciousness and listen to the space. I have created a little corner with plants for a morning meditation sit spot. I truly loved this whole program an took full advantage of the weekly coaching in which I was paied with a perfect match.

Looking forward to the next online course in using nature leadership in my own life. It means a great deal that I can play catch up with videos. I wish I could have attended in the group more but I was called into work and the last one the meditation sucked me in after a long day I fell asleep. Thank you everyone for stories, comments and creating such great space.

-Blessings
    Sarah Lyn

• Cindy Lanese

December 27, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I appreciate the tools and excercises to carry forward. It’s an inward place of listening to leadership of one’s own soul voice that feels like the place I want to continue to expand. I know too well how to “lead the old ways”. There is this place of allowing I’m leaning more into. And that is a practice of allowing what’s in front of me, what’s true and what isn’t full of pushing ambitious efforting. I will continue to use the classes and support of EBI and I’m so grateful for all the facilitation, both seen and unseen with folks in the background we don’t even know were helping. Thanks for this experience and all of you who opened yourself to participating wholey .

In my feet happy to be standing,
    Cindy Lanese

Reply to: Ivy Walker
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now