Home Forums Surround Sound Discussion

• damon-beckemeyer

April 10, 2020 at 6:33 pm

I found the “Surround Sound” practice to be very stimulating, but still very clear and calming. I have a spot in the woods with a fire-pit and hammock that’s kind of its own corner of the world. Practicing with eyes closed helped me realize just how far my senses and awareness could reach.
    In a lot of ways I felt like the line between what I could hear in the distance, and where I physically sat was kind of blurred.
    When my eyes were open, I realized I had to reestablish my focus pretty frequently, but I also found that this field of awareness around me was more like a dialogue between my senses and the rest of nature that was going on around me.
    It was a very grounding exercise, that I will definitely keep practicing.

• Anna Nielson

Administrator
    April 13, 2020 at 6:00 pm

This activity reminded me of camping when I was a little girl.

• Kirsten Witherell

April 21, 2020 at 12:43 pm

What a great exercise! I find that we are so consumed with our busy lives, rushing around, getting things done and ‘doing’ that we are rarely just ‘being.’ I have always felt a strong connection with nature and the trees. I used to ride my horse through the woods for hours and it just felt like a moving prayer or meditation the whole time.

I took my shoes off when I did this in order to feel the earth beneath my feet and really connect and ground.

We just don’t take the time usually to fully appreciate the beauty and power of nature. I am excited about this course!

Namaste!

• james-farrell

September 1, 2020 at 8:38 am

Hi folks.

I have been practicing a version of this for some time, but appreciated Michael’s introduction to it. A recent experience was at my allotment, where children’s voices mixed with sounds of wildlife and was unexpectedly moving.

• edward-saint-pe

October 8, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Ot was a great learning experience. Unexpected quadraphonic.

• sara-dalton

October 16, 2020 at 6:01 pm

I walked out in the woods today and just listened and I could hear birds chirping and leaves falling and it was just so peaceful and I was so restful so that I could really tune into my environment and clear my mind of everything else. it was such a great experience I can’t wait to share with my friends and family. Thank you for the new knowledge of how to tune into my environment.

• Ruth

November 6, 2020 at 10:30 am

This lesson was very helpful. Any practice that helps shift us from our internal limited mind chatter and opens our awareness to the unlimited Unknown, whether using sound, sight, smell, taste or touch to take us there, is healing in my understanding. It can almost immediately drop us into the Eye of the Hurricane where we can rest and settle so as to connect to our own True Nature and Innate Wisdom, allowing us to interact within this physical world at a greater level of awareness. Love these teachings!

• Lari Jo W. Edwards

December 18, 2020 at 10:05 am

I’m looking forward to practicing more of the surround sound activities. It is a bit chilly today, so my practice was shore and sweet. I will get back with you as I do more of this activity!

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:13 pm

test test test

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:16 pm

This is a test message again….

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:40 pm

this is another post…. testing this out.

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:41 pm

try again one more time.

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:48 pm

This is yet another t3est

• dwh4l3

Administrator
    December 18, 2020 at 2:50 pm

this is a cache test